Friday, November 03, 2006

"Do you have a heart of stone?"


Today, Sunlight offers two presentations of Quatrain 925,
accompanied by a link to mixed media offerings, courtesy of our dear
friend Panevis, in Tehran, whom Sunlight thanks:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Every day my heart cries out.
Every night it turns to stone.

The story of my love
is written in blood all over my face.
I asked by Beloved to read it.
He asks me to ignore it.

-- Version by Jonathan Star
"Rumi - In the Arms of the Beloved "
Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam, New York 1997

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

With every word, you break my heart
You see my story
written in blood on my face,
why do you ignore it,
do you have a heart of stone?

-- Translation by Azima Melita Kolin
and Maryam Mafi
"Rumi: Hidden Music"
HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2001

The media:
http://shorl.com/gibrugrafasyvy





Share/Bookmark

No comments: